Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

8 Messages

• 

176 Points

Tue, Aug 25, 2015 3:49 PM

Day 7 ok so the pain is not as intense , but I absolutely hate my denture, I really feel that I will never enjoy eating again

Responses

14 Messages

• 

324 Points

5 years ago

Give your self some time. The first week is the worst and only gets better after that. I am 4 months out and much better, but I am ready to get my permanent set which will be October 12th. That is exactly 6 months since i got my temporary dentures. Feel lucky that you didn't have to go to the oral surgeon to get bone growth cut out about 2 weeks before all the extractions. It has been a long road , but I had bad gum disease and tooth pain constantly no matter what the dentist did. In January I am going to get implants done on the bottom to keep my bottom denture in place.

8 Messages

• 

176 Points

5 years ago

Thanks Rob, yes I do feel lucky that I didn't have to have any bone growth cut out Thank God , and it is getting a little bit better :) have a couple of sore spots that I am goimg to have to deal with cause I can't get back to my dentist until Sept 14th , but I use the adhesive and it helps so that they don't move around , I've been checking out the implant procedure and I might consider that option a bit down the road, good luck in January hope all goes well for you