Lindy Bolen's profile

9 Messages

• 

168 Points

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 8:01 AM

Cannot get my bottom denture back in!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

hello! Idk if anyone is still on here or following but I am 48hrs into a total bottom extraction with immediate denture. As soon as the dentist tried to put it in it didn't fit so he made some adjustments just to to it in. It still did not fit right. It kept slipping and almost falling out of my mouth. The only instructions he gave me were to wear it 24hrs then take it out to rinse off and rinse my mouth with warm salt water and put it back in. He made me an appointment 2 weeks from now.

I followed his instructions and now I cannot get my denture back in! It is so painful I was in tears. It feels like there's grit between my denture and my gums but I know there isn't bc I have been rinsing both! What am I supposed to do for the next 2 weeks?! Why didn't my dentist give me any info as to what to do? Or a bag with everything I needed in it?! I am so frustrated! I couldn't even eat with it in! Had to take it out to eat mashed potatoes! Someone help!!!

Responses

7 Messages

• 

144 Points

3 m ago

Dear Lindy

I experienced the same. After the surgery they shoved both upper and lower in my mouth and basically sent me on my way. They are hard, huge, foreign chunks of plastic! I highly doubt you will be able to actually use them to eat right off the bat. If they "hurt" I wouldn't ware them! I had all my upper and lowers removed a little over a month ago. Still can not wear the top, much less eat with them. My anatomy allows me to look relatively normal as far as aesthetics just wearing bottom, but did take a lot of practice to enuciate correctly. That allowed me to work, but not near comfortable, or normal. EVERYTHIN did get much better once they put in the first soft liner! Hope this helps. That's as far as I have gotten. Hang in there. It will be worth it!

9 Messages

• 

168 Points

@Alias 7 thank you for sharing! That gives me some encouragement.  I went back to the dentist today and she was one I hadn't seen before. She looked on my mouth and gasped.  She told me I wasn't going to be wearing my denture anytime soon as it had rubbed so deep into my gums that it had scabbed down to the bone!!! Im currently at the pharmacy picking up antibiotics pain meds and mouth flush! Hopefully feeling better soon 

6 Messages

• 

122 Points

3 m ago

Omg I am on the same boat as you. Had my surgery on Tuesday. The immediate dentures are killing me.