L

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Fri, Apr 16, 2021 8:52 PM

Bottom dentures

I was so excited about getting my dentures and it was very short lived due to my bottom dentures they won’t stay in if I try eating they come out I was told I might have trouble due to me not having much gum left on the bottom isn’t there ANYTHING that can be done? I hope someone has a idea. Thank you! 

Responses

6 Messages

• 

122 Points

3 m ago

Have you consider implants?  I just had full mouth extraction 5 days ago and also they placed 4 implants. I cannot wear the immediate dentures they hurt too much. Hope pain goes away. I can’t stand looking in the mirror 

9 Messages

• 

168 Points

@Oferna unfortunately I cannot afford implants 😔 I went back to the dentist today though and she said that I cannot put the immediate denture back in. Im going to have to heal and get a permanent.  But im totally ok with that if it mea s I don't have to hurt like this anymore 

6 Messages

• 

122 Points

@Lindy Bolen neither can I. I finance the whole procedure and a monthly payment plan was made available.   I can’t keep my bottom dentures inside my mouth either. I work and would like to have a social life. I can’t even eat because they fall out.   

9 Messages

• 

168 Points

@Oferna my credit is so bad I can't even get financing 😔 I have to go back to work without mine. But it will be ok as long as this pain goes away. I don't let it bother my social life. You gotta find confidence in who u r as a person 😁 shine whether they are in or not 🥰 people who truly care about you won't care what you look like! I know its frustrating but keep your head up! It will get better. Have u tried adhesive yet? Maybe try some if u can