Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

17 Messages

• 

372 Points

Sun, Mar 2, 2014 1:08 AM

beaver teeth

Does anyone else hate the way your new teeth look. They never asked me what I wanted except color and I hate how they look. The bottoms are fine, the top slant slightly ? kind of look like beaver teeth.

Responses

131 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

7 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that, Jacqueline! Has the look gotten any better to you? As your gums heal and change, there's a chance that your new teeth might look a little different on your face. I would definitely talk to your dentist if you're unhappy with how they turned out.

17 Messages

• 

372 Points

7 years ago

Now they look like beaver teeth on a monkey face. They have pushed out the top of lip, the area between the lip and nose over the 1/2 an inch and the bottom below my lip the same amount. They have what they call (affordable dentures in Shreveport, La.) I'm not supposed to have the good dentures for another 5 months.

83 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Did you have a lot of extractions and swelling? Maybe they're fitting differently now with the swelling down.

17 Messages

• 

372 Points

I had 15 extractions. I had anesthesia and they had it done in an hour according to the people that were driving me. I was severely bruised and had lots of swelling. Its been 4 weeks and not a lot better. they have been relined twice but still have 5 months to go before I get my good teeth.

5 Messages

• 

130 Points

Were you able to have a mold impression of your front teeth done? This is my big fear. I have smaller teeth and I'm afraid I'm going to become a billy goat or a nut cracker lol. I do hope they fix them for you or file them to your liking. Best of luck to you

92 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Jacqueline, i would go back to the dentist and have them done over. It's bad enough that the reason you extracted your reminding teeth was to get and have a beautiful smile and now that you have to wear dentures I'm sure you want natural perfect straight teeth. That's what I'm going for. Good Luck!!!!

8 Messages

• 

222 Points

Hello All first time writing but not reading, I too went thru what most go thru with new dentures I am now feeling more comfortable even though without the paste I cannot wear them. I must use a lot of paste all around ( top only) or they fall out . My Maine problem is how they look ,ugly . I am so unhappy with how they look, no caricature, no definition I had nice eye teeth not now I look like I'm wearing dentures to me they look like wooden teeth. I don't know what I can do about it .I did not get temps only permanent. So much for me, I wish you all good luck & health.

54 Messages

• 

742 Points

7 months ago

Can you please attach images