Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

6 Messages

• 

194 Points

Sun, Jan 31, 2016 3:39 PM

Asking for any opinion or experience on reline

Asking for any opinion or experience on reline-- I have only had my upper and lower dentures since August. It is now the end of January and my lower denture is causing pain on one side. The dentist tells me the denture needs to be relined and her discounted price to me is $343. I'm clearly upset that she has a charge to correct a denture that I have had only for 5 months. Any thoughts on this?

Responses

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

5 years ago

Joan,
I don't think you said when you had your extractions. Are these immediate dentures that were put in right after your extractions or has it been a while? The correct answer to your questions depends a lot on how long it has been. If you got your dentures immediately after extractions, your gums have been undergoing a lot of changes, and a poor fit can be expected.

Hang in there

1 Message

• 

64 Points

5 years ago

Have you tried Seabond?.  I just have the upper denture and the Seabond cushions and  holds very well..  I get the original not the mint flavored.  A pack of 30 is about $6.00 and you don't end up with the gooey residue like the tub adhesives.  The adhesive lasts all day.  I can finally eat again.

133 Messages

• 

170 Points

3 years ago

Hello Good News i have only one son Kelly Shakeel and he was about going to die after he was diagnosed with Heart cancer and brain problmes, so i was going to Dr and my Dr said he has just three weeks to live, killy is my only son my family and my only best friend, and I couldn't afford to lose him. I started searching for help on-line to make sure my son don’t die, then I found someone name Khan Merriam saying about Dr Sandy, I told him about my problems and he gave me some words of encouragement tell me abut his Herbal medicine that he will do and sent with UPS POST OFFICE WITH MY HOME ADDRESS and he did an sent me herbal medicine and he instructed me on how to go about it, Dr Sandy also said my son will not die that he will be heart cancer free days after using the medicine , I did exactly what he asked me to , now my son that was suppose to live for just two weeks has lived two weeks more and he is very okay , he is fine , just like any other children my son is fine.i was so happy and tell the HERBAL DR about my illness Herpes 2 and ask if he can cure that hes say yes happen again he send me the herbal medicine and use it for 14days too but now me and my son is fine and live a good life, i did not know what to say or do for you papa Srandy all i can do is to tell the word about you and give my life to you pls friends help me thanks him Lesson: Don’t give up in life; 
 HE HAVE CURE FOR THIS ILLNESS. HIV HERPES BODY CANCER HEART CANCER BLOOD CANCER HPV ALS EASY PROBLEM E T C.. 
what ever you are passing through today can be your testimony tomorrow:  Email;  dr.sandyspelltemple@gmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@hotmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@yahoo.com  OR call Whats App Number +2349031726182 https://www.facebook.com/Drsandy-SPELL-HOME-2-226270587825982/
 THANKS  FOR SANDY..... 

31 Messages

• 

404 Points

2 years ago

My first hard reline was done after 6 months, and it's now another 2 years down the track and I've just had my upper hard rejoined again! It's ended up being a night and day result. I too didn't want to have it done again so soon, but in the end it's been well with it. In all honesty, I don't think my mouth had settled with all its changes after 6 months, so for most of the time I've had to use a fair bit of adhesive to hold them in. But since my latest hard reline I haven't had to use adhesive once!

But the prices I'm seeing you guys pay is bringing a tear to my eye! Mine was done same day, but cost me over $900 (in Australia). Saying that, I know I also go to the top shelf prosthodontist around. Also comes with 6 months of adjustments, but so far haven't needed any.