Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

4 Messages

• 

252 Points

Wed, Sep 6, 2017 8:17 PM

Anyone here have any experience with Russell Klein on Etsy Dentures? Just starting this process and heard about him on a facebook group.

Scared about doing this and have been reading everything I can find.  Came across Russell Klein. Anyone here have any experience with Russell Klein on Etsy Dentures? Just starting this process and heard about him on a facebook group.

Responses

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

3 years ago

Datsun 260Z used him for his upper along with quite a few others I know from another forum.
At some point I plan to get a set made with Karadent by TCS which he offers.
His Etsy Ratings are great and the prices can't be beat.

39 Messages

• 

992 Points

3 years ago

Where is he located?

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

211 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

Sharon he does it all by mail. I have been in touch with him and know several others in here who have used him. He is very good at the art he creates and a very caring man. Have you contacted him yet by any chance since you wrote this 2 mo ago but I am just now seeing it. Good Luck.

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

left is an RK upper. Right is my immediate bottom is me before. His denture felt lik e part of me. My dentists lab made an error which means I am in process og buying another one...its amazing the difference.

3 Messages

• 

122 Points

You look amazing congrads

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Amazing!!!!! How can I get in touch with Mr. Klein?

14 Messages

• 

308 Points

3 years ago

Is this your first denture?

4 Messages

• 

252 Points

Yes. I had 11 teeth extracted and 11 implants put in 15 years ago. All failed a few years ago. I still have 16 teeth remaining, seven upper front and 9 lower front. Several of them are loose and at least one is infected. I'm so tired of trying to save these crappy teeth and it's always something new, like gum scrapings, caps, root canals, bone grafts. And my teeth always hurt.

238 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

Barbara I'm so sorry to hear of all these troubles.  I guess I never heard of implants actually failing - I'd love it if we heard more of the "realities" that happen with implant processes.

In my situation, I had bridges and crowns failing all over the place and, like you, I was in pain all the time.  My uppers were so infected so much of the time, I thought I had allergies.  I don't.

My dentist talked me into keeping my front upper 6 teeth because the bone is just so good in there.  But the bone above the premolars and molars is just horrible, so I have an acrylic partial that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (really ill-fitting) that I'm going to go back to my dentist about this week, if I can, so I can actually eat a Thanksgiving meal.  But in terms of my health - SO much better.  No more infection, and inflammation is under control.

I pray you get a resolution that will bring an end to the pain and help you regain your health - that's what we're all trying to do, and it's really good to have a group of friends you can talk with about this stuff.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

How do I contact Russell

12 Messages

• 

280 Points

Like Barbara I'm new to this. I read everything I could. I even messaged Russell Klein and thought the medium set would work for me for the three months I have to wait for custom set. So I ordered the medium set. I received one small upper no lower. I'm $200 sad. A set is an upper and lower also the upper looks like it's for a child or very small person. If he makes it right I'll let everyone know. If not I'll have to raise a fuss on etsey cause I want my money back. I'm waiting for a response from him now.

12 Messages

• 

280 Points

After contact with Russell he said to return, he'll make it right and was sorry for the confusion. I'm relieved and hopefully it works out. Doing things on the Internet you can never be sure.

9 Messages

• 

272 Points

3 years ago

I wish I had heard of him before spending $3000 last week!!!

4 Messages

• 

142 Points

3 years ago

I am wanting to have dentures made for my husband. I have sent the $50 for the impressions...it''s a lot of money for us, but I have had success in the past with issues and as my Niece is high powered attorney in NYC, even though the laws differ from state to state...she knows people. I am just hoping it turns out well, as I am one of those that would get her advice, call news stations etc....any updated form any of you?
Thanks guys

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

Wow. Ok. Had mine since September. Ordering a permanent set very soon. Tgreatening to sue him is NOT a good way to start out...

4 Messages

• 

142 Points

I was not threatening...making a comment.

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

That's an impication of a lawsuit. My clients would be terminated for that if I were made aware. Toooo risky to take a chance. It was a threat.

9 Messages

• 

272 Points

Debi Hilley why the animosity? Joleena was simply stating if all does not go well she has options. Wow.

10 Messages

• 

410 Points

He clearly states up front NO refunds.

112 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

3 years ago

I've recently joined this forum and have already had great replies to my first post.  I already wear partial upper and lower dentures and have, unfortunately, been told that I have to have my remaining teeth removed.  This will be  done all in one go in hospital, as a day patient, in July.  I will then have to wait for healing (my dentist says two to three weeks - I hope he's right), before he can start making my new dentures, so that means six to eight weeks with no teeth at all. I can cope with that physically because the end result will be well worth it, but my vanity is my biggest problem!   I think I can manage without teeth at home, but it would be good to have some that I can just put in when I have to go out and about while I am waiting for my actual dentures to be completed.  I see that Russell Klein offers display dentures as well as the kits. I won't need a kit because I am happy for my dentist to make my permanent dentures.  Has anyone on here tried Russel Klein's display dentures simply for display?  

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

People have made it work but it's hit and miss. You have to do adjustments. Soft relines . Pray. Some can make it work. Some cannot. The bad thing is when it doesn't work people get mad and leave him horrible reviews or come to forums or groups and bash him russel uas made many immediate sets while people still have their terth. Not sure why your dentist won't do that...

112 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

Thanks, Debi.  I don't mind a bit hit and miss seeing as they will only be temporary until my dentist makes my permanent dentures.  I will only want them for when I can't avoid having to go out and face people!  I will mention temporaries to my dentist on my next appointment, but I don't think it's done here.  I will ask, though.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Display means display, something to look at, set on a shelf like an ornament, objet d'art! It does not mean temporary denture to wear!

62 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

RK has already made dentures that people can purchase if they need them. They go from small-Large. I had purchased a lower small denture for my neighbor who needed some quick, so she could eat. They fit her well other than doing some minor adjustments that anyone could do if they have common sense.

112 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

Thanks for that, Todd.  Did your neighbour go through the impression stages or did she buy the dentures that RK describes as 'display'? 

54 Messages

• 

1K Points

3 years ago

Just a thought I have never heard of this. What country are you in Kathey? Best of luck to you. I went through Aspen dental myself

2 Messages

• 

74 Points

Me too.

14 Messages

• 

308 Points

USA

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

3 years ago

Kathy Penney
Well  it sounds like a good idea to keep temporares as inexpensive as possible
Maybe you should   just get the uppers since lower are so hard to wear
Are you having it done in the hospital because of sedation??   Is it more
money to have it done in the hospital  with sedation  Can they save any of your teeth
 especially on the bottom??
Keep us posted on your journey  as this is a  support and learning blog
We would also like to know the cost and the town and state you live in/  
We should start just a cost blog so we could compare costs since that is such a blind thing
Good luck
Barbara

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

3 years ago

RK or Russell Klein is a mail order Denture Place  He is inexpensive
He makes stock or Display models which are his least expensive
Or Custom models where he has a mold kit so you can do your own impressions
Some one should List  his prices on the new price blog
Barbara

62 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Hi Barbara. I just posted this on another thread. I absolutely love RK and he's a real artist at what he does! Here's a link to a lady that has a You tube channel that wears RK dentures. She has 3 pairs one including the horseshoe denture. Her videos tall about everything dentures and adhesives and tons about Russell Klein dentures. I suggest anyone that wears dentures or looking to get dentures made by Russell to watch her videos. She is also very helpful and answers questions right away if you email her.  
Here's her link. Best of luck to all of you.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8FThvVNv1Kmb9MBp9bZmRA

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Todd

I hat to other you
But you are the go to person about   RT dentures

I am trying to help a friend who has had a disaster with her dentures
She paid $5,000 plus   for upper and lower denturees

She can not wear   the bottoms at all
The dentist did not help her

She has been able   to wear the top denture and liked it but now she has developed a sore spot on her gums and is in pain with it

She went to a consulting dentist before the spot  spot was a problem   and he said the upper denture was too long and a new one would cost $1,500 or   $2,000.

He recommended a bottom denture secured with 2 implants
She does not have this money
His office also told her that her dentures were a very poor quality denture
She had a an immediate "permanent" denture given to her by her original dentist
She never got a first Temporary denture

I recommended RK,  based on people on this site recommending him  and I sent her this price list.

Do you have any advise or recommendations for her?   

She dos not use the internet or a computer so I have to help her and I am clueless about RK and dentures altogether

Below I have a link to porcealin teeth from RK  
What is this? Is it just a sample of teeth and what is it for??
Could you click on this and tell me what it is used for??

Sorry for this long winded explanation
Can you help us?
Barbara

https://www.etsy.com/listing/241780253/full-set-upper-and-lower-medium-denture?ref=shop_home_feat_4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/241780253/full-set-upper-and-lower-medium-denture?ref=shop_home_feat_4

62 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Hello Barbara, first off I'm sorry to hear about your friend and the issues that she has been having with her dentures. She did pay a ton for Dentures too! Was that price for Dentures and extractions? Or just the denture? Does she have sore spots still? I know of a good liner that helps with that and if it's applied properly will alleviate any soreness she has right away. I also was wondering why she never had a temporary denture and was put right into the permanent. That's most likely be the issue with the fit and discomfort. Also, she shouldn't need implants unless her lower jaw is completely gone. If a denture is made correctly it will fit. Maybe some adhesive here and there, but she definitely shouldn't have problems like she's having.

I checked out the links that you posted and those are denture teeth. She wouldn't need those unless she was making or fixing her denture.
I'm posting the links here to the impression kit which if she wants to go through Russell this is what she would have to buy to start the process. Then I'm posting Russell email address to email him if she decides to get dentures through him. Definitely ask him any questions, he is always willing to help and knows more than I do. I just wear his dentures. It might take a day or so for him to respond back as he is always busy and very popular.

Hope this helps. -Todd

https://www.etsy.com/listing/21418729...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/denturestor...

10 Messages

• 

410 Points

Don;t waste your time with Russell Klein.  His products are only good once in a while.  People are getting the wrong products, he forgets to send pieces of the kit.  I have been waiting since April9th and he has my dentures.  Supposedly he shipped my wax try in yesterday and all that happened was a shipping label was created.  His facebook group is just one big ad.  If you write anything negative, you are dumped and blocked.

112 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

3 years ago

Thank you all for your replies.

Elisha, I am  British but currently living in France which is why I am interested in being able to buy some sort of temporary dentures online.

Barbara, I'm having it done in hospital because there are a lot of teeth that have to come out at once and it seems that's how it's done here in France.  I don't need sedation - at least, that's how I feel right now. I might feel differently on the day!  I've already had an x-ray and there's no saving any of the teeth, unfortunately.

Cost wise,  we get our health care here partially funded by the state in return for taxes and social charges, with the rest funded by private health insurance. I've had a quote for around €1800 (about $2200)  for the dentures of which I will get around half refunded to me, and around €400 (just under $500) for the extractions.  If I was still in the UK, it would cost me around £250 - around $350 for the whole thing, dentures and extractions, on the NHS!  

I am grateful for all your replies and I will keep you informed. I will now go and do some more research into Russell Klein's website.

10 Messages

• 

410 Points

Don't waste your time with Russell Klein.  Get your dentures from your local dentist.  He has been shipping out productts that don't fit.  I know someone on their 3rd try in with Russell.  He fails to respond to emails and the rpocess takes a LONG time.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Leslie Thompson

Hi Leslie
Abut your friend and RK
Can you tell me a little more about your  friend and RK

I do understand that they take a long time

Did your friend have to pay extra every time she had the 3 try on dentures???
Were these jus try ns and nt the finished denture??
Do you know how much she paid???   
Do you know if it was just for impressions or a finished product??

It would be very helpful if you knew what caused the delay and the cost of it

Is your friend still in communication with RK or has she given up???

Thank   you for responding
Barbara

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Leslie Thompson

Hi Leslie
Other then RK taking a "Long time" do you have any  complaints about
Rk's Dentures ?

Time is not a problem with us/

I want to recommend my friend to RK because she can not wear her  top denture easily and can not wear the bottom at all.

She does have a money problem but could afford an RK denture???

I would like to refer her to RK but want her to be happy at the results
Best to you
Barbara 

10 Messages

• 

410 Points

I have one set from RK.  After my 2nd wax try in I was happy.  However the finished product was not based on the 2nd try in.  There wass a huge overbite and I could not bite into anything without popping the denture out.  I sent it back to be repaired and have had no teeth since April9th.  I belonged to the RK facebook group and learned that many people had been shipped incorrect dentures. Dentures they could not insert or did not fit.  As he has gotten busier, his quality has deminished.  Multiple times people have to go back and forth with their dentures.  If you post anything negative about RK in the group, the group dumps you and you are blocked. You are taking a chance on RK, that's all I'm saying.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Leslie
How much does RK charge  for each wax try in?
When you sent the finished product with the  over bte back was there an aditional charge
How much is the postage back and forth for the finished projece or the try in?
Thanks
Babara