tj's profile

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

Thu, May 25, 2017 3:17 PM

Adhesive advice needed

OK folks, had the two week checkup today and everything is healing well.  Doc doesnt want to do a reline just yet - he thinks its too soon as I've still got a bit of swelling in a couple spots and he's prety confident the gums have a ways more to go in the next couple weeks.

He did recommend that I start using some adhesive on the upper to get me through until the next appointment, but only on the palate as the gums are still healing.  He recommended paste for now, but didnt have any specific brand or type to point me at.

I know I'm going to get a bunch of different opinions but for those of you who started using adhesives fairly recently, which did you go with and how did it work out or you?

Thanks

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

5年前

T.j I used the fixodent scope at first. Then I started using powder adhesives. I LOVE the powder type. But I also use secure. It is by far the BEST. Stays all day. So if ur going to use just small amount on pallete id go with secure. Man that stuff is like cement. Lol

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

5年前

Thank you!  Is Secure in retail or online only?

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

http://www.securedenture.com/where-to-buy.aspx

I buy it on Amazon with Prime 2 day shipping.  Price is better too

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

Thanks Ted.  I did just that!  Prime is worth every penny

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

Agreed!  Free Music and Movies too!  :-)

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

5年前

I've only found online. Ordered from eBay and got it in less than week. Also if u Google secure then call they will send u a sample which is full size tube and u get in about week.

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

5年前

I got the sample then bought more cuz it works so so good

42 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5年前

I'm looking that up Melanie!
I'm using the Fixodent with Scope for now, only on the palate. Just had my one week check up yesterday.

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

Secure is THE BEST by far!

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

5年前

I use the powders when I'm just at home but any time i go anywhere or know gonna have company over I use secure. I use as soon as I wake up then when going to bed I have to almost pry dentures out cuz it works so good. That's even after coffee breakfast lunch dinner and any drinks or snacks in between. I told my husband its the gorrilla glue for dentures. Lol

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

5年前

I needed an excuse to put in an Amazon order, so tube of Secure is on its way.  Thanks for the recommendation!

42 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5年前

I just ordered one too!

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

5年前

Lol. U will love it

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

5年前

LOL, awesome.

How difficult is it to remove from your dentures?

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

5年前

Its not at all. Once u remove ur denture then put water on adhesive it turns into a mushy type thing that can just b brushed or wiped out pretty much. To me its way easier than any other paste I've used. Oh and just use small amount. With secure less is more.

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

Thanks.  I'm using Poligrip overnight tabs now, they seem to work really well so hopefully no issues with residue.  Any issues with it sticking to the roof of your mouth?

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

Some but not too bad. Removing is easy too. I was using baby wipes but thanks to Ted's advice I went on eBay and got me sum microfiber towels. Lol. They really work great.

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

This is what I use:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Quickie-Microfiber-14-in-x-14-in-Towels-Pack-of-24-490-24RM/202314576

Put them in the washer, Hot Water with any Detergent. 
No Downy or Dryer Sheets!

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

5年前

Dry your Dentures, Gums, Mouth, Pallet, Tongue, Throat (Ok, NOT your throat) with a Microfiber or other Towel.  :-)

Secure likes it DRY.... Very Dry.   Like Ted likes his Martini!

Also use a Microfiber Cloth to remove any excess from your palette.  Very Easy to do.  Home Depot has 24 Packs of MFC's for like $8.

You might also consider their cleaning tabs.  They have the right pH level to remove the excess from your Dentures.  

It takes a bit to find the right amount to use and get the routine down.

Sometimes less is BETTER with Secure.  Too much can get messy and the hold breaks down.

Experiment and you'll get the hang of it.

Also check out their Web Site for more tips.  It's loaded with good info.

http://www.securedenture.com/

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

5年前

Here's my Public Amazon Denture Supply List.  All Products I use!

Denture Supplies

Link: http://a.co/b3uExtg

Quit laughing Melanie!  I know you are!

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

Thanks for that list!  I ordered the same brush earlier and I have the bath cup already.

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

5年前

I've been laughing since I read t.j went to Amazon and bought secure. Lol. We r all sum Amazon/eBay buying fools. Lol.

208 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

5年前

Just to follow up:  I've been using Secure on my upper (just the roof) for the past few days and its making a big difference.  

Thanks again, Ted