Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

8 Messages

• 

206 Points

Sun, Jan 3, 2016 3:11 AM

10000 on teeth and cant wear

4 months ago had all teeth pulled upper and lower.I have had 2 sets of temps made and couldnt wear either.The upper gagged me so bad my dentist cut palate out and I have to wear so much glue it makes me sick.Cant wear bottom ones at all because if I have them in noone can understand me.This is horrible.Im 46 and went in debt 10000 to have all teeth pulled and dentures and now im toothless and cant wear dentures.This is my upper denture.Can someone tell me if plastic comes in to far from teeth where fingers at?I feel like this makes me talk funny and same wayon bottom and I feel like it holds tounge up to far.

Responses

30 Messages

• 

724 Points

5 years ago

I don't think that will ever work without the full palate........that provides the hold......check with another denturist.....

119 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

5 years ago

Is that you top denture? I'm shaking my head on ,why the heck your dentist did that. Unless you have the snap on dentures, there is no way for those dentures to stay in your mouth. Please tell me that you didn't go to Affordable Dentures. They are horrible and don't care about their patients.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

That's not true for all Affordable Dentures. The people at the one I'm using are very friendly!, it's the lab I'm not happy with.

119 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

The one here in Jacksonville Florida is horrible. Wish, I would have had one like yours.

8 Messages

• 

206 Points

This is actually my second set.First was from affordable and took them back

20 Messages

• 

418 Points

5 years ago

They look more like the lower set of dentures, unless you have some sort of connective posts.
I am new to this, as well. It always seems like A LOT of material for the base in my set. Hoping you can get it resolved. If nothing else, it has proven to be an EXCELLENT means of weight loss for me. That is all I can say...

119 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

5 years ago

I remember when I first got dentures. The part that your pointing to, was a issue for me as well. Felt like I was slurring words and any word that started with the letter S was difficult. Maybe the teeth are to long or the palate part next to your front teeth, is to thick. Those were my issues with mine. I'm not recommending this. But, I ended up filing my dentures down with a nail file and then smoothed thempalate with a buffer file, until they felt comfortable. I'm very self conscious, so I was always filing mine down, so I could talk. Don't know why your dentist cut the whole palate off. IMO, your dentist should have just trimmed them back and thinned them out.

52 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

5 years ago

I have had my dentures for two and a half months now. I had felt like that for several days, but once my tounge started getting used to the dentures, I no longer felt like I had a mouth full of golf balls. I found that EZO has worked best for me. The adhesives cause pain and bleeding with me, so I just stick to the EZO cushions for now. I can hold off getting the dentures realigned till my next dental appointment.

8 Messages

• 

206 Points

5 years ago

Yes this is my upper denture.It was gagging me and couldnt stand food hitting against it so I told dentist to cut it out.Now it has to be glued in.But its been 4 months and people still cant understand me and I dont even wear bottom ones.When I have them in talking is worse.Does these look normal other than palate missing?

52 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

5 years ago

It looks good to me. I had tne gagging problem but justs needed the back filed closer to the back tooth. I have discovered a way to stop the gagging when it starts, while my de tures are in. The gagging has not been much of an issue since I had it filed down closer to the back tooth.

52 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

5 years ago

I was co sidering having my upper middle plate section removed, but after doing some research I decided it is not the best thing for me to do. I am not worried about the difference in taste, since the roof of my m I uth is covered now. I did not take very long to get used to it. It is definitally better than what I had before, which was only 11 unusable teeth. When I consider the difference to before and after, I am much more satisified with the after.
I went to Affordanle dentures i my home state, but was not thrilled from the moment I walked in and asked a question. I decided to travel out of state to another Affordable Dentures and just love the people who work at the out of state office. I have had such womderful success with them, especially since they kmow I travel out of state to specifically go to them.

8 Messages

• 

206 Points

5 years ago

gagging is not an issue now without palate but cant talk and feel like tounges being held back.All ntheb glue I have to use also makes me sick.

52 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

5 years ago

The adhesives give me abdominal pain, so I use EZO until I can get to my next realignment appointment