Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Trying to eat and keeping your lower dentures in

I have no bottom teethe and just got a full lower denture. I'm using tons of polygrip but I can't eat meat and after about 5 minutes of chewing they come out. Any suggestions on how to keep them in?
(from flipper)
1 person has
this question
+1
    I have heard to use cushion grip. Go to you tube and put in cushion grip for dentures and Listen to what the girl tells you. I ordered me some. I tried everything. I can't drink water without mine coming out. My lowers have a soft line and I don't know if I can use cushion grip without it pulling the soft line out. I hope this helps you out.
    (from Bud)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

Using too much adhesive is worse than not using enough. Be sure to read the instructions carefully. New dentures especially a lower denture are frustrating to say the least. You have to train your tongue and cheek muscles to help hold the denture in place. Be sure to report this situation to your dentist, they may be able to make some adjustments but know it is going to take some time and a lot of patience to learn to wear a lower denture. Do you have an upper denture too?
    You may also want to limit what you are eating to easier to chew foods and gradually advance your diet as you become more proficient with the denture.
    (from compassrose313)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

I just had my lower denture relined, and it has made a world of difference. How long have you had them? I got mine on July 11, and had to wait for my gums to heal. Duriing my waiting time, I used a tube adhesive. Now that I have had the reline, I still need the adhesive, but not as much, as they fit much better. wish you luck!
    (from furkidmom)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm